Controls the DTC subsystem
1 dynamically implement DTS changes made in NMMGR
2 view status of last DTS dynamic configuration
3 automatically add a new DTC
4 shut down DTS subsystem
5 restart DTS subsystem
6 manage/dynamically configure host-based X.25
For help on these topics, select 7 at the prompt below.
DTCCNTRL is a command file which allows you to perform the following
1) Dynamic configuration -- Using DTCCNTRL, you can dynamically implement
DTS changes made in NMMGR without rebooting the HP 3000 system. Such
configuration changes include adding/configuring a new terminal or
printer, adding a device class name, and changing an SNMP filter.
2) View status of last DTS dynamic configuration -- Using DTCCNTRL, you
can check the status of the last dynamic configuration.
3) Automatic configuration -- Using DTCCNTRL in a host-based management
environment, you can add and configure a new DTC to the HP 3000 system
WITHOUT rebooting the DTC. You can perform an automatic DTC
configuration either outside or inside the NMMGR utility.
4) DTS shutdown -- Using DTCCNTRL, you can bring down the entire DTS
subsystem and release all TIO-related system resources. When combined
with the DTS restart capability discussed below, you can resolve
errors that may arise during Datacomm Configurator (DCC) start-up
without rebooting the HP 3000 host.
5) DTS restart -- Using DTCCNTRL, you can restart the DTS subsystem after
first shutting it down.
6) X.25 management/dynamic configuration -- Using DTCCNTRL for host-based
X.25 links, you can have a limited set of configuration values dynamically
downloaded to the DTC without the need to impact users by resetting